Step by Step 192.168.1.1 IP Address Router Setup Wizard
Welcome to the 192.168.1.1 router ip address network configuration wizard provided by https://192168ll.win special website. This wizard will guide you through the setup, configuration, and trouble shooting process with 192.168.l.l wireless home routers and modems.
What problem you are trying to solve? Let's go;
Step 1: Setup Router (Placement & Connect Cables)
Wireless routers (D-LINK, TP-LINK, CISCO etc) should be placed at the central location if possible, to make sure the signal could cover every corner of the house. You should not try to cover the router with any stuff not only because they could weaken the signal but also cause the device to be over heat.
There are two types of ports on the router, one WAN port and several LAN ports. WAN is used to connect to the cable provided by your ISP and the LAN ports are used for computers.
Plugin and Power on: Before turn on the router, make sure to have a double check to confirm the connection is correct.
Step 2: Configure Router on Admin Panel
- Home routers normally act as a small web server and host a web site for configuration and management.
- Open your browser and type in http://192.168.1.1 and the login page of your router should be shown. NOTE, some routers may use http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.254 or other addresses.
- Fill in the username and password got from your ISP and save. You probably don't want to change any other settings and you are all set.
- If you forget the password of your router, you could reset it to the default one as long as you have physical acess to it. There is a tiny reset button on the router, push it and keep it pushed for several seconds. Restart the router and try to connect to it again with the router default password.
- Most routers have default password set, normally they could be found either on the manual or printed on the label of the router. If you cannot find it there, you could try with these combinations first,
- "admin, admin"
- "admin, password"
- If these ones do not work, here is a comprehensive password list that you could query according to the brand and model.
Step 3: Security & PasswordWireless routers are becoming more and more popular, you may be able to see tens of wireless signals around you. Wireless brings not only lots of convinence but also security concerns.
Lots of people do not bother to use complex passwords, since they are hard to remeber. Hackers may use a dictionary and try to brute force your password and hack into your home network.
Insecure Encryption Method
WEP is considered as a weak encryption method. There is well-made utility there for a normal user to break into other's network with WEP encryption.
Make sure to set a password, and use a strong one Use any encryption method other than WEP (WPA/WPA2)
Step 4: Cannot Connect to http://192.168.1.1 Problems
If you cannot connect to your router, these are the possible reasons,
Not all of the routers use http://192.168.1.1 as the default address. You may also want to try with http://192.168.0.1, http://192.168.100.1.
Make sure your computer is at the same subnet with the router. Check the connectivity, make sure all cables are connected properly. Try with another computer to see if the issue is on the router side or the computer side.
How do I change the login password for the Modem?After accessing the configuration page of your modem, it is recommended that you change your username and password for security reasons specifically. If you need it again, be sure to note your new login information. Let's do this step by step.
- First, you will need to enter your modem's control panel by typing the default IP address in the address bar. Click for this.
- You will be logged in with your username and password. In the menu, look for the Administrator or Security tab. Click the appropriate button.
- At this point, you will see a place where you need to enter your new password twice. Try to make your cipher more secure.
- You must click the Save button to save the new password; confirm your choice and your new password will be applied immediately.
- Please note that these steps are generic and some details may be slightly different, but we believe you will have no trouble changing your default password.
Modem password database updated 1 day ago.